SIVA will be offering a new incentive program for organizations using CPI, Mandt and other comparable systems. SIVA has proven to be more cost effective, relationship-based, trauma informed and in line with provincial standards and Canadian standards. A significant number of agencies have already made the transition from other systems and have embraced the SIVA model as their training program of choice.
SIVA is a Canadian-created safety management course for mental health professionals, residential care providers, educators and caregivers responsible for individuals with special needs who engage in unsafe behaviours. SIVA’s holistic relationship-based model effectively utilized collaboration, goal-direction, self-management and healthy empowerment to strengthen relationships and create safety. Thousands of professionals and caregivers have embraced the SIVA model as their training program of choice. SIVA has been described as “a refreshing alternative to crisis-focused programs”. SIVA is recognized by the Canadian Accreditation Council and agencies who have completed C.A.R.F. (Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accreditation have received an exemplary designation for their use of the SIVA program.
During both the Introductory and Trainer Courses, participants will receive guided instruction and hands-on experience in learning the hallmark philosophy, guiding principles and applied modules of the SIVA program.
The following are the core modules of the SIVA Safety Management Program:
- Self-Care; identify and manage compassion fatigue through self-introspection and support systems
- Proactive Safety Management Evaluations
- Development of Collaborative WISE Plans
- Development of Communication Skills that are goal-directed and build upon Collaborative WISE Plans
- Emergency Safety Interventions for those situations that present an imminent risk of harm to self or others
- Post-intervention Management through environmental safety, debriefing and incident report writing
Snacks will be provided, meals not included.
To register, contact Judy Selinger
250.585.1770 - 1.855.900.7482 (SIVA)Download Description/Registration Form